9. From source card to idea card
Watch as I turn notes on a source card into an idea card. So. Much. Fun. (Not really.)
To watch this video on YouTube, go here.
The book I'm taking notes on in this video is Johann Hari's Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention--and How to Think Deeply Again (2022). Below is a list of other books I've read that talk about many of the same issues Hari's does, in case you're interested.
- James Lang's Distracted: Why Students Can't Focus and What You Can Do About It (2020)
- Nir Eyal's Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life (2019)
- Cal Newport's Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World (2016)
- Nicolas Carr's The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains (2010)
The pen I use in the video
The kind of Baron Fig pen you see me using in the video can be found here.
My responses to YouTube comments
My responses to these questions are below:
My responses are below:
I didn't write a script for this video.